Saturday 10 February 2024 1pm - 5.30pm
Saturday 11 May 2024 2pm - 6.30pm
Saturday 21 September 2024 2pm - 6.30pm
Saturday 16 November 2024 2pm - 6.30pm
Canine First Aid Workshop Classroom Base CPD Accredited Course.
The course has been developed with vets and is ideal for anyone who owns or works with dogs. Trusted by thousands of dog owners and professionals to deliver dog first aid courses since 2013.
Why should I attend?
Could you stay calm in an emergency? Our workshops teach you how to administer dog first aid for a range of common injuries and first aid scenarios. Whether you work with dogs or share your life with them, having the confidence to act in an emergency is so rewarding. Be there for your dog when he needs you most.
Is this course for me?
Dog First Aid Training workshops are designed for dog owners as well as those who work with dogs. Previous attendees include:
- Dog owners
- Rescue workers
- Dog handlers
- Dog walkers
- Dog sitters
- Home boarders
- Kennel owners
- Canicross leaders
- Agility and ringwork participants
We believe that every dog professional should have a valid Dog First Aid Certificate and refresh their skills annually.
Who is delivering the training?
A professional and an experienced canine first aid trainer who undergo exclusive and extensive continual training in canine first aid with registered members of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. Comply fully with The Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 and The Animal Welfare Act 2006. Have provided training on the Animal Care & Management National Vocational Qualification Level 3 and have also worked with the Ministry of Defence, Police, Security and Search & Rescue dog handlers.
What Will I Learn?
- How to examine a dog correctly and safely
- Scene assessment – keeping yourself safe whilst helping the dog
- What a Dog First Aiders Role is – what you can and can’t do
- Canine CPR – NOT the same as with a human!
- How to act if a dog starts choking
- Gastric Dilatation Volvulus - what exactly is this and how you need to act!
- Different Types of Bleeds and what to do
- Seizures - what can cause them, the signs and how to act
- Which burns to treat and how
- Heatstroke – a killer
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Poisoning - common poisons in the home, recognising the signs and how to act
What attendees can expect:
- Your CPD Accredited Dog First Aid Certificate
- Life Saving Emergency Skills
- The Confidence to Act
- Added Value to Your Doggy Business
- Peace of Mind Knowing You’re Doing the Best For your Dogs and Clients
- Networking Opportunity
- Fun with Like Minded People
Will I get Certificate?
Yes, you will receive CPD Accredited Dog First Aid Certificate
How long is this workshop?
The Workshop is 4 hours.
How much does it cost?
Workshop cost £65 per person.